You will learn how to engage in a peer-reviewed process that accelerates and maximizes the quality of your video profile. You will end this course with a well-refined, personal product (an InnerView video) to submit in college applications and beyond to best showcase your human skills and potential.
As K-12 public charter school teachers, we've been working with students for a collective of ten years. We've seen how the standard college admissions package (ACT/SAT, GPA, etc) trickles down into the focus of nearly all educative spaces - sometimes starting before 6th grade! This creates a curriculum-centered approach in education instead of a learner-centered approach.
We noticed how dehumanizing this process can be; we noticed how much more students have to offer than these metrics alone. With society's shift towards digital self expression and an increasing focus on Human Skills in the age of automation, we created InnerView to better position students for success.
At InnerView, we act as a bridge between the expectations currently placed on students and the realities of life after school.
InnerView is for learners who want to...
1. Express more of themselves than what's on their standardized report card
2. Learn the process of creation and recreation in a supportive environment
3. Create a piece of digital media that is transferable and showcases your Human Skills
4. Build community with like-minded individuals who can serve as lifelong thought partners
5. Walk away with a product that will serve as a supplement to your college application
A course to guide you through creating your best video profile to submit to colleges.
A course design-book to ground you in the activities and exercises we cover in class.
A community of global learners and educators invested in your success.
A live team of teachers to support your digital development.